Thursday, April 19, 2012

Aloha Final Blog,

I just wanted to add this to our archive.  I had the privilege of being part of the 2012 Indigenous Conference and it was wonderful.  I think that a class like this would benefit tremendously from the various presenters and topics that are so specific to our class.  I particularly enjoyed the fact that a main component of this Conference was to include poetry and in fact their keynote speakers were exactly that.
The audience was also another huge aspect!  They were understanding and concerned.  The audience "got it".  When Kumu asked the question, in regards to last weeks video that he showed, he expressed "How do you change people who are so set?"  Simple answer, "Poetry, Creativeness, Na'au." The change needs to occur within all of us, a change of understanding and Working Together!  I feel what best exemplifies this value is the Hawaii version of "PotLuck".  There is also an abundance of food especially if the group is made out of Hawaiians.
This abundance was not forced nor was it demanded, it was a simple request and commitment to each other.  And with these simple beginnings such a feast is usually formed. However, if there is not this abundance than dysfunction and non-desire for good will towards each other possibly exists.
I believe that this ability to be willing to impart of one substance is a somewhat common value in indigenous peoples.  It is also this same willingness that will allow the fruits and true superiority of civility for Human life and the essences of Indigenous. To convert this into the Economics has always been the challenge and will be the one I hope to overcome by using means of poetry, creativeness and art.

Mahalo to everyone for this class it has been interesting!


No comments:

Post a Comment