The peak oil film was eye opening, but I believe the outcome far out ways the bad. Cuba to me is a place that I could see myself living with my family. I have also watched the movie Sicko produced by Micheal Moore. The universal health care that they have there seems better than here. They don't pay for the medical which is crazy to think about I mean growing up I only heard very negative things that came out of Cuba, like the Cuban missile crisis. Now I am thinking that it might have been conjured up like a lot of other things that the U.S. has done to go to war with.
The readings that we had this week were very interesting but to put connections together Like my sister has said "A coop is an attempt to treat a symptom and not the illness. The illness is the idealogy. Monetary economies allow you to save and not share. And therefore people, places, and mea get exploited." I totally agree with the idea that we need to fix problems as they arise makes absolutely no sense to me because it shows no insight into the future. The with an indigenous economy is the balancing act between trying to make money with out exploiting someone else. When I think of all businesses their is exploitation that happens it is collateral damage when working with Capitalism. My ideal goal is to not work within capitalism but I know to achieve that in my lifetime would be impossible. In order to survive in the world we live in we all must give up something that we don't want too. I haven't realized this until I had children. Me going to school to get a better paying job is me sacrificing time with my children. It is what it is. If I knew of a better way I hope that I would try to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment