This reading was actually eye-opening and rather engaging in many different areas of this type of research that was conducted. From the very beginning to the end of this article I have acquired many new vocabulary words which I have to admit, slowed me down in the completion of reading. This text begins with the encompassed definition of the term Indigenous People, and how they are defined in a society where the colonizer has a never ending presence on their land.
The conversation of an indigenous entrepreneur is quite new to me and I found it very interesting. I was engaged with Scase and Goffeeʻs thesis about "entrepreneurs may be more likely to emerge from those groups in society which are deprived or marginal, groups which are discriminated against, looked down upon or exploited." I do see the resemblance that a minority who is seeking his own business would have a deeper and greater drive to want to achieve and make his business thrive due to his economic status amongst society. With the idea of indigenous entrepreneurship, I strongly hope that an indigenous entrepreneur is setting out into business to first and foremost to help the economic income of his/her people, family, and culture. Within reading Potikitanga and how the genealogical importance is regarded amongst Maori society, the Potiki are encouraged by Mauipreneur and how to engage in the business world while still being in the guidelines of Maori society. The Marae plays a big role in identifying a Maori and it also ties them to their genealogical obligation in an entrepreneurship.
Toursim and the Chatham Islands is a new issue that I havenʻt read about before. I do realize that tourism has its ups and downs and seasons that are fruitful, yet trying to force this type of income on a tiny island to save its economy is very frighting. And the fight of who was the original people of that land is very uneasy, I believe the people of that land know who they are and where they came from. The discussion of the Chatham Islands was eye-opening and intriguing. Overall, I was surprise that I have gained a lot of new insight about indigenous people who are interested and who own their own enterprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment