The constant question I find myself fumbling upon is,
What is Indigenous Economies?
and then to break it down further and make it personal to me,
What is Profit? or Should it be called instead Indigenous Profit?
Is well being included within "Profit" or Indigenous Profit"?
What will be the relationship between Indigenous Economies and established Economies?
Who decides on the Answers?
I feel, that before further progress is made within in my own mind, I have to have answers these questions. Godoy sort of answered them, yet in a way left a larger hole as he poked around to trying to describe something that has yet to exist within real, parameters that the indigenous/world economies can agree on.
What I see as important is, being able to best describe what it is I am looking for. And the easiest way for me to do that is to name examples and hopefully go from there to see what they have in common.
It seems to me that the idea of Economies, Capitalism and Entrepreneurship or almost complete antonyms of the idea Indigenous well-being. Therefore, what is being created is an oxymoron in not only words but also in theory, thus, hinting at a reality that may exist though abnormal.
I hope my assumption is true, I hope that it could possibly exist. It is my opinion however, that the realm of which Indigenous Economies exist is so chaotic that it will take a community of Indigenous people to identify it. I think we as a class should take time to discuss the main points of what Indigenous economies mean to us and how we can go about to achieve that goal. Then we will know what we want, choose the right people to be guest speakers and then, have the right questions ready.
I hope this class will help to illuminate the "treasure" in which we all would like to find as a community, and if it can than, Tally Hoe, lets go and get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment