The most important thing that I have taken from this article
is that Indigenous people around the world are facing the same problems that we
are and I feel that understanding what other indigenous people are doing around
the world to cope with their situations can be very valuable for us in our own
Indigenous economy. The other thing about this article is the vast information.
It seemed to me that the information was just presented without a certain
outcome wanted. This article just states facts and in some cases gave both sides
of the same argument which I really
liked because it gave me the chance to make up my own mind. Also the amount of
different studies on different peoples was extremely impressive and thorough. I
know that I could use many of these facts or ideas described in this article to
add weight to my arguments about Indigenous economies and the important effects
it as on my personal indigenous beliefs. I feel that this article has given me
a greater understanding on many of the subjects that we have described in class
and I wish that I had read this article before taking this class I know that I
would have had a foundation of the terms such as social capital, quality of
life indicators and market participation.
No comments:
Post a Comment