Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Goodyear

NCLB is a joke. I think this article articulated a lot of ideas I already embraced. But I think most importantly it highlighted to me the importance of reconnecting to the ʻāina and becoming a "caring companion" to it again.

How do we improve well-being?  SPIRITUALITY.

Halau Ku Manaʻs experience with clearing the land and reopening the loʻi say it all. While it may seem almost impossible at times the foundation and kuleana are there. Once you choose to return to it and do as much as you can the way will be provided for you. (I totally believe it.)

Foreign models do not work for education and economic arenas because those in power benefit from us being subjugated and from us not assessing our sovereignty. So then how do we make a model that fits us. We DONT. We just unearth the ones that have been overgrown by the invasive species.  Hmm...could we do that do tourism?

WOW! Its truly awesome. We donʻt need to recreate anything. We just need to return to our core values because the foundation still exist.


No comments:

Post a Comment