Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hale: jenny estrella

Language the carrier of culture.
How do we as Hawaiians interpret life today?

I feel that the process of discussion is a very Hawaiian Practice. The way in which the Hawaiian Language community arrived at the meanings of these hua olelo are worth observing.

I feel further that this process of discussing should be applied in our future endeavors as Hawaiians, especially now that we are venturing into new frontiers of indigenous economies.

Knowing that well-being is our desired goal when participating in our indigenous economies, I would like to discuss pitfalls and peaks to be aware of when navigating through the "system" and how to deal with possible solutions to various scenarios.

And I would like to discuss with our class, "guest speakers" and those who have and are navigating the "system"; the various experiences and situations they encountered, to better equip myself for the "system".


No comments:

Post a Comment