Aloha kakou,
I just talked to my sister waianuhea about what was discussed in class while I was gone. What I got from the discussion is that kumu wanted us to focus "internationally" rather than "locally." I understand the mana'o behind this because that is a problem that will affect us in the future and it is great to think ahead, however; I feel that this might be kind of like walking before we can run. Because I feel that the greater problem at hand is the fact that many of our people do not even know about the wrongs that have happened to our kupuna. We need to focus on this problem, we need to educate everyone about our situations. I am sad that I missed this discussion in class because I feel that I could have got some important idea's from that discourse.
I guess the major question that I have after reading these articles is what do we do next? I would like to revert back to the way things were, but I don't believe it is possible. Given our current situation. There needs to be a transition from capitalism and subsistence communal living. People deal with problems in very different ways for instance taking off band aids after they have been on your body one approach is ripping off the band aid as fast as you can but that does not work for everyone.
I do not know what the solution to this problem is but maybe collectively we can come to a solution that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment