Ma Ka Hana Ka 'Ike
I believe that we still have the ability to form our own 'auwai in our personal lives today. It will be an 'auwai from our ancestors to our present day. And teaching our children how to maintain this connection, will restore our people with the vitality that "wai" brings.
Knowing and understanding western methodologies and "capitalism" is important to provide protection for our people and most importantly the future. However, I do not believe that those external models contain "wai", rather they are just pvc-like/modern created plumbing fixtures. The true importance I see in this article is the understanding that the application of a native methodology is much more advanced than the current more commonly used "pvc/modern created systems"; thus, Captialism is not an indigenous answer, it is NOT an 'auwai.
I believe focusing on the values that our native methodologies exhibit, make us more advanced than PVC type systems.
This article encouraged me to maintain my own personal 'auwai system with my ancestors with the ancestral knowledge I have been taught, and not with the imposed, unintelligent, overworked technology of the PVC system.
Should we focus our studies on the PVC or the 'Auwai?
No comments:
Post a Comment