In viewing Cuba and the "economic" disaster, I have hope for Hawai'i. I do not this it will be a type of hope that all people will enjoy, it is just a simple hope, that it might be possible to be independent from external imports. I dont really want to call it a blessing, however, I think that because Cuba went through this mini-Peak Oil simulation or "special period" they have now a huge advantage in the Global Arena. This advantage will be displayed in their economic/agriculture and social realities. They are the new pioneers in a reality that the rest of the "World Powers" will eventually face if the high dependency on fossil fuels continue.
As Hawaiians, we also can develop and establish the enviro-social-agriculture strong hold. We are more than capable. I think in a business sense the idea will be supply-in-demand, and being in the right place at the right time to catch that wave. The wave has started coming already and we are in position, all we need to do is paddle hard enough so we can Catch It.
No comments:
Post a Comment