This course has been designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable insight into actual business operations in order to better correlate academic experience with professional experience. The students will develop professional perspectives with businesses and non-profit organizations, specifically chosen by the instructors because of their varying Hawaiian sensitivities.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Kanoe Nāone
I thoroughly enjoyed this presentation that Kanoe gave, I think by far of all the people that has come to class, she has impacted me the most. The idea of being able to work in an environment that promotes the families well being, learning together, and overall having an environment to which this is encouraged, is awesome. Listening to her, it made me want to work for her and one day when my children come, to be able to bring them up in that way. The whole concept was for the most part not looked at in a western way which I love, bringing your keiki with you to work, catering to the keiki but more importantly having the parents there to help and they themselves will learn and the family will grow. Learning essential tools and values makes a big difference in the upbringing of children. As I watched the short film, I wished that there was something like this when I was growing up. I would have loved to have been able to learn about the land and do activities like that. For sure, when the time comes for when I have my own children, I definitely want to be involved in this sort of program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment