This course has been designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable insight into actual business operations in order to better correlate academic experience with professional experience. The students will develop professional perspectives with businesses and non-profit organizations, specifically chosen by the instructors because of their varying Hawaiian sensitivities.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Cuba Peak Oil
Iʻve seen this video before and I think its such a useful learning tool to learn how to survive an economic disaster. I like how the people of Cuba all came together to build a working agricultural-based society and how they all helped eachother out so that they could all live and eat. My favorite part about the documentary was that all of the people were forced to live a healthier lifestyle. Since there was no fuel, or expensive fuel, people couldnʻt be lazy and drive cars, they had to ride bikes and walk. Fatty foods were basically non-existent because the only things people could eat were the things that they grew or raised. No sugary candies, or processed foods. I wish Americans could be like this sometimes, we depend too much on fast and easy instead of nutritious and flavorful. We eat bad things because its convenient and we think "oh Iʻm hungry now, and I dont have time to cook" its such stupid lazy thinking that even Iʻm guilty of sometimes. But when I prepare and eat something healthy it tastes so much better. If the peak oil crisis happened here it would be survival of the fittest and a lot of people would die because they donʻt know how to grow things, all they know is how to live a consumer lifestyle. Shouldnʻt everyone learn how to survive to prepare for the future? My other favorite part was that the people of Cuba got to know their neighbors better because they had to. Face to face communication gets so lost here and people keep finding ways to make it difficult. I envy the way that the cubans had to communicate with eachother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment