This past weekend I participated in a conference and I presented on "Empowering the Na'au: Awaken the Native Mind". At the end of our presentation we were asked by our moderator specific questions pertaining to our presentation. My question was in regards to what I see as proactive, up and coming programs or movements in relation to the current colonized situation of Hawai'i. And I was happy to remark, that Inpeace, was one of the programs I see as a world changer. I also thought that as a student of the 490 class; Hawaiinuiakea, is also a big part of this process. Classes like ours that takes the chance to examine what Indigenous Economies are and how to participate in the various financial climates is another example.
Overall, us participating in the molding and creating of our future, adds larger bubbles to the water that is beginning to boil. I am excited to be here and be Hawaiian.
No comments:
Post a Comment