The reading about Auwai was very familiar to me. I think Iʻve read it before. I liked the quote: "When knowledge is seen as something to be filled or drilled into the heads of young people then regurgitated for standardized tests, and school success is defined solely by those quantitative measures, young peopleʻs desire to learn can wither and evaporate." I COMPLETELY agree with this! I canʻt even recall how many standardized tests I had to take when I was in school because there were so many! I see where kumu Kimo is coming from when he says that he doesnʻt want us regurgitating information back to him, there is absolutely no learning in that.
Both of these readings overall, stressed the importance of being sustainable/having sustainable resources. I think that being sustainable is very important, especially since we live on an island in the middle of the ocean.
Now we have the information, what can we do with it?
No comments:
Post a Comment