This course has been designed to provide students with the opportunity to gain valuable insight into actual business operations in order to better correlate academic experience with professional experience. The students will develop professional perspectives with businesses and non-profit organizations, specifically chosen by the instructors because of their varying Hawaiian sensitivities.
Friday, March 2, 2012
Kanoe Naone
I just wanted to write down some thoughts about the guest speaker yesterday, Kanoe Naone. After listening to her spill I was extremely impressed with her views. Some key things stuck out to me which are the Hypocrisy in business. The Idea that business give a service and yet with in their own business they do not offer that service. Like a child care business that doesn't allow their children in the child care. Another thing that really struck me was her belief of "Common Sense." She said that she believed that "Common Sense" is a Hawaiian value and she was shocked that others don't have that same value. I personally think that the reason other people don't have that value is because "Common Sense" in business doesn't mix. I believe it falls under the category of "Bad Business." Because a lot of things that are to her "Common Sense" cost money, which means the dig into profit and would be seen as a negative thing. One week paid vacation on Christmas for family enrichment. The last thing that I want to discuss is the Idea of knowing a problem that you can not fix in the near future like "Sovereignty" but taking steps to get their now. A mountain is climbed in steps. big problems take steps. Bigger problems take more steps. That gives me hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment